Sunday, May 14, 2006

Finally, a reason to blog...


I’ve been a resident of Second Life, an online virtual world, for about seven months now. Second Life is unlike a number of other massively multiplayer online games in that it’s not really a game - at least not for many of us!

Second Life has no levels, there’s no goal and it’s pretty much what you make of it. You can create, chat with friends, customise your avatar, design works of art or useful items for the world, whatever turns you on.

It’s taken me this long to work out what my niche might be within this world. I think I’ve finally found where I fit in - the city of Neualtenburg, a democratic city-state owned and run by its citizens.

I’ll be writing more about Neualtenburg in future. It’s a fascinating place to be sure.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

No comments: